As we all wait for this seemingly never-ending lockdown to come to an end, there are some things which are returning to their somewhat normal state but still in an innovative way…keeping the safety of others as a priority. So here we are, with the premier league season preview as one of those things.
When it comes to the English Premier League, the crowds watching in anticipation are not just limited to football enthusiasts. This is one of those series or games, which brings together people from all over the globe in the name of great sportsman-spirit and an incredible show.
The glory of last season
- While Liverpool was able to keep and hold their heads held high by winning the league with 99 points and maintaining their unbeaten streak on home-grounds for three seasons, some others didn’t back down that easy either.
- With the last season being a total knockout in terms of the play, it is widely anticipated as to what…or who can overshadow that with their current state and form. As the new additions wait to prove their mettle on the field, there are a few teams which sadly didn’t make it this season and were relegated: Bournemouth, Norwich, and Watford after they finished as the bottom three on the table.
- As the 2019-2020 EPL season resumed after an abrupt and long break in the currently ongoing pandemic scenario, there was a bid to race for the top 4 spots, in which Liverpool and Manchester City already ensured their spots in the next UEFA Champions League…the other two spots were fought for, between Chelsea, Manchester United and Leicester City. Of these three teams, Manchester United and Chelsea were able to cement their spots in the top 4 at the end.
What to expect in the coming season
- Other than the obvious love of the players towards the game, we also expect to see tough competition from the new additions for this season which are: Leeds United, West Brom, and Fulham.
- According to the current information available, the 2020/2021 season of EPL is set to kick off on the 12th of September. The excitement for this season’s start has also been taking up attention as we expect to see Liverpool (the defending champion from last season) play against Leeds United which is a fairly new addition to this season, but it’d be wise to not underestimate their potential as they already have the winner title of English Championship to their name.
- There’s no doubt that the last season was high on adrenaline and entertainment but as the new season is about to kick off, we can yet again feel the imminent race towards being the top 4 drawings in close with much anticipation.
- With all things in place and safety as a priority for the audience and players, several online betting sites in the UK have started allowing players to place their bets sooner than later to keep the betting balls rolling as well.