Skipping or jumping is considerably primary activity which everyone right from kids to adults can perform. Instead, kids play skipping rope in their growing up ears unaware of it as an exercise.
Nowadays, as health and fitness have become a priority in many peoples’ lives, we have realised that technological advancements have made our daily tasks easier and made our lifestyle quite comfortable and lethargically.
Benefits of jumping rope
- Burns calories: Jumping rope can burn 200 to 300 calories in 15 minutes. That may be more than other continuous cardio exercises, like running or bike riding.
- Improves coordination: Jumping rope requires top-notch coordination, especially as you advance to more skilled moves, such as quickly swinging the rope twice within each jump.
- Reduced risks of injuries: With your improved coordination from jumping rope, you will be less likely to get hurt either during exercise or in day-to-day activities.
- Improves heart health: Since jumping rope gets your heart pumping, it is excellent for your cardiovascular system and heart health. The higher someone’s VO2 max, the more cardiovascular endurance they have.
- Strengthens bone density: Jumping rope can make your bones stronger. Bone density measures the strength of your bones — if you have more minerals, like calcium, in your bones, they are less fragile and less likely to break. A higher bone density can also reduce osteoporosis risk later in life, particularly for girls and women.
Jumping rope is one of the most underrated types of exercise — and it may even be more effective than other forms of cardio. Before we get into the workout, let us quickly go over which jump rope, we recommend using when getting started. For beginners, we suggest starting with a slightly heavier jump rope. A heavier string offers unique benefits, but it also helps slow down your rotation and offers more feedback during jumping. It also allows beginners to focus on the technique, minimise the rate of mistakes and time your jumps quickly.
We at sportsmanwarehouse.com.au has a range of top brands in exercise equipment in jump rope category for you all at a reasonable price under one roof.